In compliance with CIF rules, to participate in any of the available sports, students are required to have:
- A physical exam by a doctor
- An emergency medical authorization from parents.
- Permission of parent(s) or legal guardian for early sports dismissal. Encinal High School athletes are excused early for some athletic events. Students are responsible for missed assignments and class work.
- Permission of parent(s) or legal guardian for transportation. Students are transported to these events on buses and school vans, utilizing parent drivers and student drivers in some cases.
- Transferring from one school to another school may affect a student’s athletic eligibility under North Coast Section and/or CIF rules. It is the student’s responsibility to see the Athletic Director for specific rules/regulations.
- A student on a high school team becomes ineligible if he/she plays on an “outside” team in the same sport during the student’s high school season of sport. (NCS: Article 6, Sec. 600)
In addition, Encinal High School requires:
A 2.0 grade point average for each grading period
Maintenance of minimum progress towards meeting high school graduation requirements.
Encinal High School Athlete’s Contract
If a student is ineligible academically to participate, he/she may request probationary status. Probation is granted for one quarter. A student may apply for and use probation only one time during his/her high school career.