ENCINAL HIGH SCHOOL LIBRARY MEDIA CENTER (LMC)
LIBRARY POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
NOTE: ALL SCHOOL RULES APPLY IN THE LIBRARY MEDIA CENTER.
Hours: Monday - Friday 7:45 a.m. - 3:15 p.m.
JetSetters supervise after school study and tutoring in the LMC:
- Monday - Thursday 3:15 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Quiet time for study and tutoring help
- Computers available for school work
During class time:
- Teachers may sign up to bring classes to the LMC.
- Individual students may use the LMC, if space allows.
- Students must bring a specific LMC pass that has the teacher’s signature, date, period, time, and the student’s name.
- The LMC will be open during lunch, two days per week. The days will be posted at the beginning of each school year.
- All school rules apply during lunch.
- There will be no food, drinks, or gum permitted in the LMC.
- 20,000+ books
- Electronic editions of S.F. Chronicle and Alameda Times Star
- Online access to encyclopedias and databases
- 56 newtorked computers (see Acceptable Use Policy)
- Students must have a student ID card to check out books from the library.
- Internet is available to all students who have an Acceptable Use Policy, signed by their parents.
- There is no limit on the number of books a student may check out.
- Students are encouraged to return books as soon as they are finished with them, or by the due date stamped on the back of the book.
- Books may be renewed if there are no holds on them from other students.
- If a book is not returned, the student must pay the replacement cost of the book.
- No food, drinks, or gum are permitted in the library.
- All materials checked out on a student's ID card are the responsibility of the student cardholder.
- Computers and printers are to be used for school related projects. Students misusing either of these will have their computer or printer access disabled.
Computer Labs and Internet Policy:
Computer users and their parents/guardians should be aware that Encinal High School does not have any control over the information on the Internet. While Encinal High School's intent is to make Internet access available in order to facilitate the collection of research materials and for other educational uses, it is possible for the users to access other materials as well. Because control over the uses of the computer ultimately lies solely with the student, we strongly encourage parents and guardians to set and convey the standards that their children should follow while using computers. Parents and guardians should read the Acceptable Use Agreement. Signing the signature page indicates that both parent and student understand and agree to the policies as outlined therein.
Pat Slattery, Library Media Teacher
510-748-4023 ext. 2418 or ext. 2413